Drinking and Driving is no longer a minor offense in today’s society.
It once was regarded or thought of as a traffic violation wherein smaller towns the law enforcement would shrug it off and take away the keys. Well, those days are over. Drinking and Driving is a serious and costly crime and is a major issue in society today.
It is estimated that in 2007, 12, 998 people died in alcohol and drunk driving-related accidents and crashes. Which consists of over 31% of all vehicle-related fatalities in the United States.
You can find statistics involving drunk driving all over the place, including ones that state there is a death every 40 minutes due to a drunk driving incident.
These are only statistics relating to fatalities, if you account for the injuries and property damage related to drunk driving, you’d be shocked to find out how much of an issue drunk driving is in our society.
Because of the real threat that drink and driving have become to our society, state legislatures, law enforcement, and private organizations have taken drunk driving very seriously and are changing the way it is dealt with as a crime and how it is enforced.
California is one of the leading states in having very progressive and strict drunk driving policies and enforcement.
- A DUI or drunk driving offense in California is no laughing matter, it can cost you your freedom, your driving license, and can be very costly financially as well.
- A DUI conviction in California can cost you your job and can even affect state licensing.
- A Drunk Driving conviction will affect your driving privileges and will make your auto insurance very costly.
- A Drunk Driving conviction can be very costly. It is not a minor traffic violation.
It is a crime that can be very costly in the long run if not dealt with properly. If you are facing a drunk driving conviction, you owe it to yourself and your family to consult with a drunk driving lawyer.
Having a DUI Lawyer on your side will afford you a better opportunity to protect your rights, your freedom, and your driving license.
To learn more about the DUI Laws, talk to a DUI Lawyer. For a free consultation by a DUI Lawyer, contact us today.
Table of Contents
- 1 Drinking and Driving is no longer a minor offense in today’s society.